Organic Mung Dhal /100g
Organic Mung Dhal Nothing beats having a hearty bowl of Dhal on a gloomy day. The Hive's Mung Dahl is your start to getting that perfect steaming dhal bubbling away on your stove.
This humble lentil, that often forms a staple part of diet in many parts of the world, contains more vitamins and minerals than you can possibly imagine! Mung Dhal is a great source of Vitamin B and folic acid which serves to improve your memory and at the same time boosts your mental health. High in dietary fibre, they also lower your blood cholesterol level and ensures your heart is as fit as a fiddle.
- Prevents heart diseases
- Controls blood sugar level
- Good for digestion
Get started with this simple recipe for preparing a delicious bowl of Mung Dhal
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric power
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Add the mung dhal, vegetable broth, turmeric powder, cayenne powder and salt into a pot.
- Cook with the lid partially covered or 20 minutes.
- In another pan, sauté cumin seeds, cloves and onions until they are fragrant. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add them into the mung dhal pot and cook for a few minutes. Serve with Basmati rice.