Dried Apricot (100g)
If you are a fan of fresh, juicy apricots, chances are you will like our Dried Apricot just as much! The Hive's Dried Apricot are packed to the brim with antioxidants, minerals as well as dietary fibers hence it is always nice to have a jar or two lying around the house or on your office desk.
Some might favor the fresh ones but they are often fragile and bruise easily. This is why some apricots are dried.
Importantly, among all dried fruits, dried apricots contain the highest amount of vitamin A, which is considered an essential nutrient, which contributes to the maintenance of normal vision and skin.
In addition to that, dried apricot is a healthier alternative to store bought snacks as they bring so much benefits.
Benefits of Dried Apricot
- Helps stop excessive bleeding due to Vitamin K content
- Promoting eye health as they are a natural source of Vitamin E and Vitamin A
- Contains antioxidants that prevents damage to the cell
- Reducing the risk of getting anemia by getting 3.5milligrams of iron from a cup of dried apricots
The following is the nutrients intake per 100g serving of dried apricots
Calories: 241 kcal
Energy: 100 kJ
Fun ways to incorporate dried apricot into your diet:
- Firstly, you can make your own trail mix by combining dried apricots and other dried fruits with your favorite nuts from us such as almonds, peanuts, pecans and walnuts. You can find all varieties of nuts that we have in https://thehivebulkfoods.com/product-category/dry-groceries/nuts
- Secondly, dried apricots are delicious as is, as the result it is suitable as your pre-workout snack in the morning,
- Thirdly, you can use dried apricots to add more potassium and vitamin A to your day as a salad topper.
Storage and Shelf Life
Store in cool, dry and airtight container for up to 6 months.
Find more recipes for dried apricots in https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/apricot-recipes and try them at home!
Country of Origin: Turkey